Recipe by larchie
This is a yummy potato salad for those of us who cannot stand mayonnaise. This comes from Southern Living, and is great for cookouts and such (I am taking it to a pig roast tonight as a side dish).
- 4 lbs new potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, fresh, large, and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup purple onion, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 25 to 30 minutes or just until tender; drain and cool. Cut potatoes in half, and set aside.
- Process vinegar and next 4 ingredients in a blender, stopping to scrape down sides. Turn blender on high, and gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream. Stir in chopped basil.
- Place potato, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently. Cover and chill 8 hours. Top with crumbled bacon just before serving.