Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
For a Raw Charlotte. See the whole thing here: http://thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com/2008/11/recipe-of-week-chocolate-n-cream.html
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup fresh coconut milk (simply blend 1 part dried coconut with 3 parts water in high speed blender)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coconut milk (simply blend 1 part dried coconut with 3 parts water in high speed blender)
- 3 tablespoons raw honey or 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon sunflower lecithin powder (must stay in freezer to set up if using husks) or 2 teaspoons psyllium husks (must stay in freezer to set up if using husks)
- Blend all ingredients except the last two in high speed blender until smooth.
- Add Sunflower (NOT SOY) lecithin and coconut oil and blend some more until thoroughly mixed.
- Set in fridge for about 1 hours.
Wow! This is so good! I found this searching for a non-dairy whipped cream option for a flourless chocolate cake I made. I recently discovered major gluten and dairy allergies and have been trying out desert options for the holidays. I was making it early so though I used the psyllium husks I just refrigerated it overnight since I had the time. I also used 2 Tbsp Coconut creamer because I only had a cup of coconut milk. But YUM! Can't believe how good this tastes! Not sure the texture is exactly like a whipped cream~ more of an icing at this point, though it's still chilled in the fridge. But that serves my purposes just fine and I can't wait to share it with the family for Christmas. Thanks for the recipe!
Won't rate for now, as I didn't use it as whipped cream (or any cream!) I used the psyllium husks, so put in freezer, as suggested, and forgot it. By the time I remembered, it was frozen, so the family had it as ice cream. If I would do that again, I would add another T of vanilla. Very easy to make. I soaked my cashews in water for about an hour before step 1.