Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Even tho this recipe calls for Goat Cheese as a garnish, you can leave it off if you desire a truly non dairy recipe. All ingredients are meant for those allergic to cows milk and it's products. This is a quick recipe that can be thrown together for a quick and tasty meal. My 97 yr old mother raved about how much better it was than the boxed Shrimp Scampi we usually get at Costco. Yummm!!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, Nucoa No Burn works best
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, Lemon Flavored
- 24 medium shrimp, deveined, with tails on
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed. I use Trader Joe's brand in a jar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, finely ground. You may add more to taste if you like it hotter
- 1⁄4 cup wine, Chardonnay, I use Trade Joe's Two Buck Chuck
- 1 cup noodles, wide egg. If you are Gluten intolerant, substitute Rice wide noodles
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese, I use Manchego cheese. grate over dish. just make sure to read the label to ensure no cow's milk is
- Start boiling water to cook noodles. Once boiling, add noodles and start cooking the rest of the meal.
- Rinse frozen shrimp under warm water to separate and then pull all tails off of them. Set aside.
- Add margarine, lemon olive oil and garlic to a warm fry pan and stir until margarine is melted.
- Add salt, pepper, crushed pepper and continue to cook
- Add drained shrimp to fry pan and continue to cook until shrimp start to curl up a bit.
- Add parsley and wine. Continue to cook until it starts to bubble a bit.
- Add drained, cooked pasta.
- Bring to a boil to reduce liquid and thicken the sauce a bit.
- Garnish with grated Manchego Goat Cheese and serve immediately.