Barbara S's Note:
Even tho this recipe calls for Goat Cheese as a garnish, you can leave it off if you desire a truly non dairy recipe. All ingredients are meant for those allergic to cows milk and it's products. This is a quick recipe that can be thrown together for a quick and tasty meal. My 97 yr old mother raved about how much better it was than the boxed Shrimp Scampi we usually get at Costco. Yummm!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup margarine, Nucoa No Burn works best
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, Lemon Flavored
- 24 medium shrimp, deveined, with tails on
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed. I use Trader Joe's brand in a jar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, finely ground. You may add more to taste if you like it hotter
- 1/4 cup wine, Chardonnay, I use Trade Joe's Two Buck Chuck
- 1 cup noodles, wide egg. If you are Gluten intolerant, substitute Rice wide noodles
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese, I use Manchego cheese. grate over dish. just make sure to read the label to ensure no cow's milk is
- 1Start boiling water to cook noodles. Once boiling, add noodles and start cooking the rest of the meal.
- 2Rinse frozen shrimp under warm water to separate and then pull all tails off of them. Set aside.
- 3Add margarine, lemon olive oil and garlic to a warm fry pan and stir until margarine is melted.
- 4Add salt, pepper, crushed pepper and continue to cook
- 5Add drained shrimp to fry pan and continue to cook until shrimp start to curl up a bit.
- 6Add parsley and wine. Continue to cook until it starts to bubble a bit.
- 7Add drained, cooked pasta.
- 8Bring to a boil to reduce liquid and thicken the sauce a bit.
- 9Garnish with grated Manchego Goat Cheese and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lactose-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Non Dairy Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.5
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.7 mg
- Sodium 335.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: