Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe came about, because pumpkin pie is are sons favorite and he can not have any dairy. I have served it for Thanksgiving get togethers and everyone thought it was regular pumpkin pie.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpin pie filling)
- 11 ounces soymilk
- 2 large eggs (plus)
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove (I like to go light on the cloves)
- Put first 4 ingerdients in a blender and blend together.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl and then add to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a 9-inch unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Then turn down
- heat to 350 degrees and bake 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted inches.
- center comes out clean.
- Cool for a couple of hours. Serve and refrigerate any left overs.
I LOVE the non-dairy recipe... Thank you!
Used vanilla soy milk and it came out great!
This is one of three non-diary pumpkin pie recipes that I tried. Overall, I liked this one best as it tasted like a classic with-diary pumpkin pie. I used fresh pumpkin instead of canned puree, which made the the recipe a little more watery. It required longer cooking time and was a little softer than I prefer. The second time I made it, I added an extra egg to increase the firmness. It has a good texture and really nice flavor.
I compared this recipe against #340474 and #399825