Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a thick, creamy soup with no dairy for my milk allergic daughter. I got this from allrecipe.com, but adjusted it a little.
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs peeled cubed potatoes
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon smoky hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- In a large stock pot, saute onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add chopped broccoli, sage, and hot sauce and cook a few minutes.
- In a blender puree half of the soup and return to stock pot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This is such a good and healthy recipe. Thank you