Recipe by Glori-B
For the health of it, DH and I are trying to incorporate more vegan and raw foods into our diet. My good friend and her husband are on a similar path. Lately, she's been telling me tales of smothering everything with this vegan cheese sauce -- crackers, veggies, chips, pasta -- you name it. So, it is here for safekeeping. Can't wait to get started!
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (requires about 2 - 2 1/2 medium potatoes, peeled and boiled)
- 3⁄4 cup carrot (I used 2 large peeled, chopped and boiled carrots cut in 1 inch pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil your potatoes and carrots until they are fork tender, then measure them into your blender. Make sure your potatoes are mashed/packed into your measuring cups. The carrots can be loosely measured.
- Place all ingredients in your blender. I use Vita-mix.
- Blend on high for about 30 seconds, or until mixture is completely smooth.
- Serve immediately with chips or crackers or toast, pasta or veggies, or whatever you please. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Reheat leftovers on low on the stove (stirring constantly) or in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.