For the health of it, DH and I are trying to incorporate more vegan and raw foods into our diet. My good friend and her husband are on a similar path. Lately, she's been telling me tales of smothering everything with this vegan cheese sauce -- crackers, veggies, chips, pasta -- you name it. So, it is here for safekeeping. Can't wait to get started!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (requires about 2 - 2 1/2 medium potatoes, peeled and boiled)
- 3/4 cup carrot (I used 2 large peeled, chopped and boiled carrots cut in 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1Boil your potatoes and carrots until they are fork tender, then measure them into your blender. Make sure your potatoes are mashed/packed into your measuring cups. The carrots can be loosely measured.
- 2Place all ingredients in your blender. I use Vita-mix.
- 3Blend on high for about 30 seconds, or until mixture is completely smooth.
- 4Serve immediately with chips or crackers or toast, pasta or veggies, or whatever you please. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Reheat leftovers on low on the stove (stirring constantly) or in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Non-Dairy Nacho Cheese Dip / Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.4
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 1219.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 12.0 g