1/4 Photos of Non-Dairy Cream of Mushroom Soup Substitute
After following the ongoing debate over canned soups- I realized that I couldn't comment because I have never made any casserole type dishes involving cream of mushroom soup because they are all dairy and for religious reasons, we don't mix meat and milk. So I created this substitute, which is really authentic... I will weigh in on the debate after tonight's dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1 tbsp margarine and sauté vegetables lightly.
- 2Remove from pan.
- 3Melt 3 tbsp margarine.
- 4Whisk in 3 tbsp flour and seasonings.
- 5Cook for about one minute, stirring frequently.
- 6Slowly add hot soy milk, stirring with a whisk to prevent lumps.
- 7Add vegetables back in.
- 8Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Non-Dairy Cream of Mushroom Soup Substitute
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.0
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1319.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: