Demented Nana's Note:
Low fat, low cholesterol 'cream' soup made without milk or cream. You can use almost any vegetable in this, or add a variety of seasonings to suit your own taste. My sister created this recipe after her husband had quadruple bypass surgery: he needed reduced fat and cholesterol, and she needed non-dairy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring broth to a boil over medium heat.
- 2Slice mushrooms while broth is heating, and add to broth when it comes to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until mushrooms are cooked.
- 4Stir in powdered non-dairy creamer.
- 5Mix cornstarch and water, and slowly stir mixture into soup until it is as thick as you like it.
- 6Serve immediately.
- 7Note: Recipe can easily be halved or quartered.
- 8Note: Seasonings such as salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, or Italian seasoning can be added to suit individual taste.
- 9Note: Celery, caulifower, broccoli, or asparagus can be substituted for mushrooms.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Non-Dairy 'cream' of Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.9
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 786.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g