I've been craving alfredo sauce lately, and this is the best non-dairy substitute I've found! Don't tell your family it contains tofu, I bet they'll never guess! The recipe is from www.veganchef.com. You can reduce the soy parmesan to make it healthier, although I wouldn't go below 1/2 cup because it does add a lot of the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) package mori-nu firm silken tofu (I use light) or 1 (12 1/3 ounce) package extra-firm silken tofu (I use light)
- 2 cups soymilk (or other non-dairy milk of choice) or 2 cups rice milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 1In a food processor or blender, place all of the ingredients, except the soy parmesan cheese, and blend for 2 minutes to form a smooth puree.
- 2Transfer the mixture to a small saucepan and cook over low heat while stirring constantly until warmed through (I turned it up to medium and it was fine).
- 3Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the soy parmesan cheese.
- 4Taste and adjust the seasonings, as needed.
- 5Use as a sauce for pasta, vegetables, or grains.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Non-Dairy Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (842 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 389.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan parmesan cheese