Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I didn't like normal baked casseroles growing up, so the thought doesn't sit well with me. Then one day I needed to cook dinner for the kids and just saw all these ingredients sitting like there was a spotlight on them and this recipe just came together. I've cooked it multiple times and it's been consistent so hope you enjoy it too. (Oh and it's gluten free) PS. I've never measured anything, just kind of eye-balled it. PPS. Good way to hide the greens for the kids also :-)
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups gluten-free noodles
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 head broccoli
- 1 cup heavy cream
- parmesan cheese
- Start water boiling put broccoli in steamer above it.
- Saute onion, garlic and mushrooms in butter/oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Medium heat seems to be the best, you don't want to brown it.
- Add hamburger and cook. When it's almost done add Worcestershire sauce. I will sometimes add more mushrooms in at this stage too.
- About this time throw the noodles into the pot and cook to the minimum time.Al-dente.
- Add cream and simmer. Here is where you eye-ball it and you may want to add extra. You'll be thinking to yourself "it's too runny" -- trust me :-) Keep stirring.
- Broccoli should be well steamed by time noodles are done. Drain noodles and add both to the hamburger sauce. (Told you it wouldn't be that runny).
- Mix it around until it's all coated. If you have an extra 15 minutes to simmer, that's good too.
- Now add your salt and pepper to taste. Add in Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Watch kids ask for seconds :-).