Prep 6 hrs
Cook 5 mins
No fanciful kitchen equipments? No Fret. This is an easy-to-do non-bake Cheesecake that requires no electrical mixer or oven. Best of all, no baking experience needed!
- 200 g mcvities digestive biscuits
- 100 g butter
- 2 blocks cream cheese (about 250g each)
- 2 pieces peaches, halves
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 lemon zest (grated)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- 50 ml water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 (90 g) box jelly, crystal (Lemon)
- 200 ml hot water
- 200 ml cold water
- 3 pieces peaches, halves
- 1) I chose to use McVities Digestive Biscuits because they're the most popular band of cookies in the UK. For a non-messy job, put biscuits into a Zipblock or any plastic holder. Seal it & pound biscuits into crumbs using eg. a rolling pin.
- 2) Mix crumbs with butter (ensure butter is soft for easy mix).
- 3) I've experimented with lining 2 trays with different material for easy removal. One with foil & another, with greaseproof paper. The verdict: It's so much easier to lift with foil as the latter couln't take the weight & also stick to the cake. After lining the tray, transfer the crumbs mixture onto a 12" rectangular tray & press firmly using the base of a spoon. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- 4) Mix gelatin with water & dissolve under slow fire. Set aside to cool.
- 5) Cut peaches into cubes & set aside. Cut lemon into half & use a slicer to remove skin & grate it.
- 6) Whisk cheese, vanilla essence, zest & lemon juice & blend in gelatine. Add peaches & mix gently.
- 7) Spoon cheese mixture onto tray. Top up with remaining peaches & chill for about 2hrs.
- 8) Dissolve jelly crystal in hot water, then add cold water. Ensure jelly is cool before pouring onto cheese mixture. Continue to refrigerate for another 3hrs.
- 9) Using a spatula, gently loosen the cake at the sides. Remove from tray by lifting the foil & you'll get your nice cake.
- 10) Cut & put individual pieces into cake holders. Add gummies to decorate & serve chilled.