1/1 Photo of Non-Alcoholic Grasshopper Pie
3 hrs 30 mins
Northern Polar Bear's Note:
Non alcoholic. Great dessert for the Holidays and for family dinners with children. Our grandsons wait all year for me to serve this on News Years Day dinner. This has become a great family tradition. For an extra minty taste use Oroes with mint filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush chocolate cookie wafer into crumbs.
- 2Melt 1/2 cup butter and combine with 2 1/2 cups crumbs. Mix very well and press into a.
- 39x12-inch pan. Place in freezer while you continue with filling.
- 4Be sure to save 1/2 cup crumbs for the topping. This 1/2 cup does not need the butter.
- 5Crush candy canes in food processor until fine. 1 candy cane yields 1 tablespoon.
- 6Sprinkle gelatin on cold water, when wet stir with fork to separate add very hot water and stir to dissolve. Let stand 5 minutes. It is very important that the gelatin be dissolved completely.
- 7Whip egg whites until stiff, but not dry.
- 8Whip cream until it forms soft peaks, then gradually add sugar then vanilla beat until cream is stiff.
- 9Fold in egg whites and gelatin and crushed peppermint candy canes.
- 10Add green coloring.
- 11Remove pan from freezer and pour cream mixture over crushed crumbs, top with remaining 1/2 cup of crumbs and set in fridge for 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Non-Alcoholic Grasshopper Pie
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.4
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.0 mg
- Sodium 244.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: