Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
A spin on chicken marsala...sort of. I don't like wine. In fact, I don't drink, so I just adapted a well-known recipe :P
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the fat from the breasts and remove the white tendons running through the tenderloins. Place each breast between sheets of wax paper and gently pound with a meat mallet until less than 1/4 inch thick. Dust the chicken with the flour until well coated on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Use the tongs to add the chicken breasts in a single layer and saute for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until firm. Remove to a serving platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and saute until the mushrooms have given up their juice, about 8 minutes. Stir in the parsley. Season to taste witih salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter, 1 T at a time.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.