Recipe by The Hungry Vegan
These falafel burgers have a rich meaty flavor. Serve them to vegans and omnis alike. They'll all love it.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This is definitely a tasty falafel burger. Served it on a bun with lettuce, tomato, red onion and avocado and it was delish. I have never used nutritional yeast, but it really has a great flavor. The only change I made was to leave the onions out of the mix and add onion powder along with the garlic powder and cayenne. I also used white beans in the mix. I'll have to practice keeping the burgers together better which means I will definitely be making them again. Made for Spring PAC, May, 2014.
- 1 1⁄4 cups falafel mix
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos, liquid amino acids
- 2⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 8 ounces beans
- 1⁄2 large onion, minced
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together. Press into patties. Light fry in canola oil on medium-high until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes.
- Serve on a bun with your choice of condiments: hummus, lettuce, tomato, avocado, sprouts, Annie's Goddess Dressing, tahini, veganaise and cilantro.