Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lovely individual snacks to get you hungry for a mexican meal.
- 12 corn tortillas
- oil (for frying)
- 113.39 g cheddar cheese
- 113.39 g monterey jack cheese
- 170.09 g can bean dip
- jalapeno pepper, slices (optional)
- thin slices of fried chorizo sausage (optional)
- cooked shrimp (optional)
- scallion (optional)
- Quarter tortillas.
- Fry in oil until crisp.
- (Keep temperature around 375 degrees).
- Drain tortillas on paper towels.
- Place fried tortillas on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Slice cheeses to 1/8 inch thickness and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Top individual tortillas with bean dip and cheeses.
- Top some nachos with jalapenos, some with chorizo, some with shrimp& scallions.
- Broil on center rack of oven until cheese melts.
Using bean dip for these nachos is such a great idea. I cheated and used Tostitos and pre-shredded cheese and it worked great - quick and easy. Thanks for posting!