Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Betty Crocker NOTE: Cookie mix used is 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® double chocolate chunk cookie mix. "Deep rich chocolate, dark roast coffee and cream cheese marry in a seductive layered bar."
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) envelope Betty Crocker double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons butter or 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Spread in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or just until set.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and 3/4 cup chocolate chips over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining 6 tablespoons butter with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- On low speed, beat in powdered sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until blended.
- Beat in cooled chocolate on medium speed until well blended.
- Spread filling over cooled base.
- Cover; refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat cream, 2 cups chocolate chips, 1/4 cup butter and the espresso powder over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Cool until lukewarm, about 10 minutes.
- Pour chocolate topping over filling; spread to cover bars.
- Refrigerate uncovered until set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- For bars, cut with wet knife into 9 rows by 4 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.