Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Aunt Noie [from Thailand] made me this sauce when she first came to the US years ago. I've made it ever since. It is used on rice when you eat meat or poultry. I like it on rice with roast, broiled or fried chicken, with stewed tomatoes and rice with the sauce.. I just use the mild red pepper a lot to keep it from being too hot for my taste. Again, I do eyeball my ingredients.
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper
- 2 teaspoons mild red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Mix all ingredients together, and use as a flavor to rice.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for use at a later time.