Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A friend I bowled with just refused to call this' Breast of Chicken Salad'!!! So in her honor, here is this recipe that our bowling teams enjoyed. I'm sure everyone of us makes this a little different, as Noella never gave us the measurements.
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion (may use green onions)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- celery salt
- white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Cut the chicken 'chests' into about a 1/2" dice.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
- The amount of mayonnaise is a guess.
- Note: I really like the 'McCormick Mayonesa' found in the Mexican foods at the grocery store. It has lime juice added, which I like to use in most of my salad recipes.
Very nice chicken salad! I used 1 tablespoon of minced onion, 1/2 teaspoon of celery salt, 1 tablespoon of dried cilantro, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, I am sure that fresh cilantro would be a lot better than dried but that is what I had on hand. Thanks Colorado Lauralee for posting. Made for All New Zaar Cookbook tag.