- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened chunky applesauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together honey, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add water, applesauce and egg and stir, mixing well.
- Add nuts.
- Spoon into a greased muffin tin, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on a rack and store in sealed container.