- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup silted flour
- 4 quarts well salted water, for boiling
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter until light.
- Mix egg with milk and salt.
- Alternate adding flour and milk mixtures to the butter, beating well with each addition.
- Bring the water to a boil and drop the batter in 1/2 tsp at a time.
- Wet the spoon each time you do a new one so it'll slip off easily.
- Cook a few at a time uncovered for 4-5 minutes.
- Do not have the nockerln more than one layer deep at any time.
- Lift the cooked nockerln from the pot with a slotted spoon and keep warm while the rest are being cooked.