Delicate little dumplings meant to be served with goulash and paprikash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter until light.
- 2Mix egg with milk and salt.
- 3Alternate adding flour and milk mixtures to the butter, beating well with each addition.
- 4Bring the water to a boil and drop the batter in 1/2 tsp at a time.
- 5Wet the spoon each time you do a new one so it'll slip off easily.
- 6Cook a few at a time uncovered for 4-5 minutes.
- 7Do not have the nockerln more than one layer deep at any time.
- 8Lift the cooked nockerln from the pot with a slotted spoon and keep warm while the rest are being cooked.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nockerln
Serving Size: 1 (686 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.6
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 280.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g