Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicate little dumplings meant to be served with goulash and paprikash.
Make and share this Nockerln recipe from Food.com.
- Cream the butter until light.
- Mix egg with milk and salt.
- Alternate adding flour and milk mixtures to the butter, beating well with each addition.
- Bring the water to a boil and drop the batter in 1/2 tsp at a time.
- Wet the spoon each time you do a new one so it'll slip off easily.
- Cook a few at a time uncovered for 4-5 minutes.
- Do not have the nockerln more than one layer deep at any time.
- Lift the cooked nockerln from the pot with a slotted spoon and keep warm while the rest are being cooked.