Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on cdkitchen.com. I hope it's good because I haven't tried it yet.
- 2 cups instant potato flakes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to the package, substituting cream cheese for the butter.
- Stir in green onion and parsley.
- Spoon into a 1 quart glass baking dish.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about about 30 minutes, or in the microwave on full power till bottom of the the dish is very hot and heated through.
This was easy and made for a quick addition to a pantry meal. I served it with Pork Chops in Tomato & Onion Gravy, creamed corn, and a green salad. The additions perked up the flavors of instant potatoes.
I wasn't expecting to like this! A definite surprise. I passed on the green onions, mixed the paprika in with the potatoes. I like surprises like this! Thanks for posting :) Made for PAC 2010.
This was just okay to me. It was edible and the flavors were nice, but just tasted like souped up boxed instant mashed potatoes, which I really don't care for. If you like the boxed stuff, this is great! If you don't, stay away.