Recipe by Candle Lover
Here is a second recipe that I have been using for 20 years. My high school Home Ec.teacher gave use this recipe to use. yeast is 1/2 small pkg. It is wonderful.
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oil
- 1 1⁄2-1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water., stir in sugar, salt and flour.
- Beat till smooth.
- Add more flour till easy to handle.
- Knead for 5 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl with greased side up cover with dishtowel let rise for 5 minutes for pizza dough. Rise longer if making breadsticks around 35 minutes.
- Dough is ready when indention stays in the dough - make indention with ur thumb.
- Punch down dough and roll out place on greased cookie sheet or baking stone.
- *** Breadsticks cut pieces of dough and roll out like snake to make breadsticks.
- add sauce and toppings
- 400 for 25 minutes.