Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from my local Chinese restaurant.
- 1 1⁄2 cups blood orange juice or 1 1⁄2 cups regular orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (optional)
- In a large nonstick frying pan over high heat, mix orange juice, sugar, garlic, ginger, and chili flakes to taste. Boil until reduced to 1 cup, about 10 minutes; stir often.
- Meanwhile, rinse chicken, pat dry, and cut into 1/2 inch chunks.
- In a large nonstick frying pan or a large nonstick pot over high heat, stir chicken in oil until lightly browned and no longer pink in center of thickest part (cut to test), 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add orange sauce and stir until boiling, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon chicken and sauce onto rice. Sprinkle with green onions.