Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from a local Chinese restaurant. The idea is that all of the proteins are different but co-exist in a harmonious relationship, just like a Happy Family. If it's like my family....food poisoning anyone :)
- 1⁄2 cup boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup pork, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup beef, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup lobster meat, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup shrimp, deveined and cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup broccoli, cut into pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shaoxing wine
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Put the sliced onion in the frying pan, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken strips, and cook for 1 minute. Add the pork strips, and cook for 1 minute. Add the beef strips, and cook for 1 minute. Add the lobster pieces, shrimp and scallops, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli pieces and baby corn; cook for 1 minute. Add the red and green pepper. Increase the heat to medium-high; cook and stir for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and salt. Dissolve the cornstarch in water, and pour into the frying pan along with the soy sauce and shaoxing wine. Cook and stir until the sauce thickens.