Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from a local Chinese restaurant.
- 680.38 g chicken wings
- 44.37 ml soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- 14.79 ml dry sherry
- 14.79 ml fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4.92 ml fresh gingerroot, slivered
- Disjoint chicken wings; discard tips (or save for stock).
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, minced ginger and garlic in large bowl; stir in chicken. Refrigerate 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken; reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat chicken pieces with cornstarch; add to skillet and brown slowly on all sides. Remove chicken from pan; drain off fat.
- Stir 2/3 cup water and reserved marinade into same pan. Add chicken; sprinkle green onions and slivered ginger evenly over chicken. Cover and simmer 5 minutes, or until chicken is tender.