Noble House Empress Wings
- Disjoint chicken wings; discard tips (or save for stock).
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, minced ginger and garlic in large bowl; stir in chicken. Refrigerate 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken; reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat chicken pieces with cornstarch; add to skillet and brown slowly on all sides. Remove chicken from pan; drain off fat.
- Stir 2/3 cup water and reserved marinade into same pan. Add chicken; sprinkle green onions and slivered ginger evenly over chicken. Cover and simmer 5 minutes, or until chicken is tender.