Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Chinese recipe comes from a local Chinese restaurant.
- 8 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin slices
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (Hunt's)
- 2 cups fresh snow peas or 2 cups thawed frozen snow peas, trimmed
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, beat orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and ginger in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add steak; cook 3 minutes, or until no longer pink, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid and the orange juice mixture to same skillet; bring to a boil. Stir in snow peas. Reduce heat to low; simmer until snow peas are crisp-tender, stirring constantly.
- Add steak; cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain noodles; place on serving platter. Top with the steak mixture.