Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from a local Chinese restaurant.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon whole szechuan peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a wok or saute pan, toast the cumin and Sichuan peppercorns for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Transfer to mortar and pestle or spice grinder and grind.
- Place the sweet potatoes into a large bowl. Sprinkle the spices and salt over the sweet potatoes, drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast until tender, 30 minutes.