Member #610488's Note:
This is a healthier variation of the Chinese-American Sweet and Sour Pork without the orange dye, MSG and high-fructose corn syrup of the restaurant version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine pork, 1 tablespoon of Shaoxing wine, the soy sauce and ginger juice. Allow it to marinate for 1 hour.
- 2When done marinating, add 1 inch oil to a heavy bottomed pot and preheat the oil to 340 degrees F (170C). Prepare a wire rack by lining it with several layers of paper towels.
- 3Put the potato starch in a small bowl, and roll each piece of pork in it to give each piece an even coating of starch.
- 4Fry the pork in batches (depending on how big your pot is) until lightly browned and cooked though. Transfer the fried pork to the paper towel lined rack.
- 5In a saute pan, add the remaining Shaoxing wine along with the black vinegar, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sugar. Turn the burner on to high heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- 6Add the cooked pork to the black vinegar sauce and continue boiling until the sauce is very thick and syrupy and coats each piece of pork, rather than the pan. Serve with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noble House Black Vinegar Pork
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.8
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 190.4 mg
- Sodium 889.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 65.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: