Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this up combining several recipes here on 'zaar. I needed to write it down for safe keeping. I know when my pickiest-of-the-picky-eaters asks to have it again tomorrow night and for lunch tomorrow, I will be making it again and again.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cracked pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (this is a guess, I gave it a good sprinkle)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (again this is a guess, I gave it a good sprinkle)
- Heat the oil and butter over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent, stirring frequently. Do not let the garlic brown.
- Add the spices and stir to distribute them evenly.
- Cover and cook on medium, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve immediately!
I love this. I use a combo spice called french fry seasoning and it is same spices as yours but also contains sugar in the combination. I love them to get crispy and you can also sprinkle your favorite cheese on at the end.