- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (how sweet you want it?)
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 (8 ounce) packageseach mozzarella cheese
- 10 whole lasagna noodles (break in half)
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil big pot of water for the lasagna noodles.
- While waiting for the water to boil, go ahead and brown the ground beef in another pot.
- After ground beef is browned, drain the beef. Let sit 2 minutes while the grease drains.
- While waiting for the grease to drain, put the noodles in the boiling water. Boil for around 10 minutes or until noodles are soft.
- After beef has drained 2 minutes, put back in the same pot and add tomato sauce, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper, and oregano. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low-med. Heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- In an 8x8 pan, lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the noodles and line the bottom of the pan overlapping with noodles, about 5-6 noodles on bottom of pan.
- Add about 2/5 of the sauce mixture on top of the noodles. Then add about ¾ of one package of cheese to the top of the meat sauce.
- Layer a second layer of noodle (about 5-6 noodles) on top of the cheese, then about ¾ of the remaining meat sauce and then about ¾ of the other package of cheese. Then sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top.
- Put pan in oven for abut 30 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned.
- Pull out of oven and let sit and cool 10 minutes. The rest of the cheese can be used on garlic bread.