Recipe by Chef PotPie
This is a really tasty rice pilaf that you can't go wrong trying! I've made it my own over the years.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups broth
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese like parmesan cheese, but don't be afraid, gruyere, manchego, all cheese is worthy of worship
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3 quart pan melt butter and saute onion and garlic until onion is limp.
- Add the 1 cup rice and continue to cook for 10 minutes or so, being careful to stir, until grains of rice are lightly browned and look opaque.
- Pour in chicken broth, bring to boil, cover and reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until rice is tender, stirring a few times.
- Stir in cheese! Add salt to taste before serving.