Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really tasty rice pilaf that you can't go wrong trying! I've made it my own over the years.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups broth
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese like parmesan cheese, but don't be afraid, gruyere, manchego, all cheese is worthy of worship
- In 3 quart pan melt butter and saute onion and garlic until onion is limp.
- Add the 1 cup rice and continue to cook for 10 minutes or so, being careful to stir, until grains of rice are lightly browned and look opaque.
- Pour in chicken broth, bring to boil, cover and reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until rice is tender, stirring a few times.
- Stir in cheese! Add salt to taste before serving.
No Zee Pilaf, heh? I made it with gruyere and it was excellent. BTW, I love how some people with accents can say anything and get away with it. 8-) Made for ZWT#8~France.
Yum, I do like rice!!! very nice version with the onion and garlic, and the cheese is a good touch!!! Thank you PotPie, much enjoyed, made for ZWT 8 French Region, for the Lively Lemon Lovelies
this is so easy and full of flavor we loved it. jamming jazzberries