Recipe by blancpage
I found this recipe in a coupon insert and had to copy it to 'Zaar for safekeeping and to share with the community. I love NO YOLKS noodles, they are what I use to substitute in any recipe that calls for egg noodles because I cannot eat egg yolks. Btw 'Zaar doesn't recognize the NO YOLKS name so I'll just list that in parentheses and it also calls for 2/3 of the package. I also put the variations/substitutions the recipe suggested in parentheses. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds delicious. Broccoli slaw should be available in the produce section of your grocery store. My local Fry's carries NO YOLKS broad noodles in the same aisle with the regular egg noodles and NO YOLKS come in 8oz. bags. Recipe states this serves 4. I estimated prep time and I based the cook time on recipe instructions, plus a few more minutes. ETA: I have tried/made this and it's quite good, a bit like a type of stir-fry, and imo a 4-star recipe I'd make again.
Top Review by teresas
This is so much better then you think. DH gave it a 2 thumbs up. I made two ingredient changes. The first was the noodles, I used regular. The second was on the meat, I used pheasant instead of chicken. This was so good...I have to admit that I was surprised. I read through all of the ingredients and thought that since I liked everything that this would be great. Well, once I read the directions and found out that you mix the noodles with the broccoli slaw I started to have my doubts. This, I found out was uncalled for. Very yummy recipe. Thanks for posting.
- 8 ounces egg noodles (2/3 of a package of NO YOLKS brand broad noodles)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag broccoli coleslaw mix (broccoli slaw is next to traditional coleslaw in produce section)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces lean chicken, bite-size pieces (or boneless pork chops, bite-size pieces)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or 2 tsp jarred minced garlic)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook NO YOLKS according to package directions, adding broccoli slaw at the 4 minute mark.
- Return to boil and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Stir fry chicken or pork in oil in large skillet until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Push meat to one side.
- Add onion and garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Mix 2 Tbsp chicken broth and the cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Add remaining broth, teriyaki sauce and red pepper flakes to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Serve immediately over NO YOLKS broccoli mixture. Serves 4.