1/1 Photo of No Yolks Chicken Skillet
I found this recipe in a coupon insert and had to copy it to 'Zaar for safekeeping and to share with the community. I love NO YOLKS noodles, they are what I use to substitute in any recipe that calls for egg noodles because I cannot eat egg yolks. Btw 'Zaar doesn't recognize the NO YOLKS name so I'll just list that in parentheses and it also calls for 2/3 of the package. I also put the variations/substitutions the recipe suggested in parentheses. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds delicious. Broccoli slaw should be available in the produce section of your grocery store. My local Fry's carries NO YOLKS broad noodles in the same aisle with the regular egg noodles and NO YOLKS come in 8oz. bags. Recipe states this serves 4. I estimated prep time and I based the cook time on recipe instructions, plus a few more minutes. ETA: I have tried/made this and it's quite good, a bit like a type of stir-fry, and imo a 4-star recipe I'd make again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces egg noodles (2/3 of a package of NO YOLKS brand broad noodles)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag broccoli coleslaw mix (broccoli slaw is next to traditional coleslaw in produce section)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces lean chicken, bite-size pieces (or boneless pork chops, bite-size pieces)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or 2 tsp jarred minced garlic)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1Cook NO YOLKS according to package directions, adding broccoli slaw at the 4 minute mark.
- 2Return to boil and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- 3Stir fry chicken or pork in oil in large skillet until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Push meat to one side.
- 4Add onion and garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- 5Mix 2 Tbsp chicken broth and the cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Add remaining broth, teriyaki sauce and red pepper flakes to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- 6Serve immediately over NO YOLKS broccoli mixture. Serves 4.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Yolks Chicken Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 549.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
broccoli coleslaw mix