Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious and lower fat/calorie alternative to traditional deviled eggs. Instead of filling the whites with yolks and mayo, these easy to prepare eggs are stuffed with hummus! Experiment with different flavoured hummus -- there are many commercial variaties available at most grocery stores, from garlic to roasted red pepper. Perfect as a quick, protein rich and healthful snack, or as a unique hors d'oeuvre. Kids love these too!
- 6 egg whites, hard boiled peeled and cut lengthwise
- 3⁄4 cup hummus, any flavour
- slivered almonds
- red pepper flakes
- Remove eggs yolks from hard boiled eggs. (save them for a treat for your dog!).
- With a pastry bag (or freezer bag with corner cut off), pipe hummus into egg half hollows.
- Top with desired garnishes. Parsley goes well with almost any variaty of hummus, slivered almonds or paprika are nice on traditional flavoured hummus, and red pepper flakes pair well with roasted pepper hummus. Experiment to find your perfect combination! :).
Totally yummy! I love this idea and it tastes great! I mixed in just a couple out of 6 yolks and just a little teaspoon or so of veganaise - but just because I love the taste! You could really play around with this. Thanks!
We loved these. I filled them with Hummus. Thanks for sharing this one.
Thanks for sharing this idea! I actually used the yolks, mashed and mixed in with the hummus. I used a Roasted Garlic Delight hummus with paprika, and it was fabulous!