Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Learnt this one at secondary school when I was about 12. It's not a very bread-y base but is very quick to make. Prep time includes preparing my toppings (ham & mushroom)
- 8 ounces self-raising flour (all purpose? flour with a raising agent already added)
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces margarine
- rub flour and margarine together to form "breadcrumbs"
- beat the eggs then add a small amount of beaten egg to the mixture at a time. Mix well until it has bound together but isn't too sticky
- turn out onto a floured surface and knead until fairly smooth
- place on a greased baking tray and add the toppings. place at the top of a preheated oven at 190 degrees Centigrade (gas mark 4) and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
My children don't like Pizza (!) so this recipe was perfect. I did add a little grated carrot and onion to the mix - about 1 tbsp of each and some italian seasoning. Have passed recipe on to friends and even pizza eaters love it. Thanks
Far too dry for me, a nice flavour but really, too dry and crumbly.
It was definately too heavy, crumbly, and didn't taste much like a pizza base at all.