Recipe by angelina ballerina
This is great,a no yeast naan bread that turns out perfect every time. Serve with your favourite curries. The thing is , my boyfriend always seems to make them better than me! Prep includes resting time
Top Review by sweetchocolate
Deliciously simple ... I didn't have yogurt or cumin seeds, so made buttermilk (1tsp white vinegar, 1c whole milk - very low pasterized milk) ... added a tsp of salt and a 1/2 tsp garlic powder. YUM!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add milk, egg and yogurt to pan and heat until just warm.
- Add wet ingredients to dry.
- Mix the dough, knead just until held together.
- Let rest, covered up to 45 minutes.
- On floured surface pat out into two patty shaped surfaces.
- About 1/2 inch thickness.
- Broil under medium heat, turning once.
- These will bubble and go slightly brown.