Recipe by French Tart
This chicken salad is very zingy and fresh flavoured - and, is made with handy ingredients! Great for lunches, snacks, picnics or even as a sandwich filling. Adjust the curry powder to suit your own personal taste.
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
DELIGHTFUL! Made for lunch today, exactly as written. Each bite presents a lovely taste of the dressing, occasionally savouring a leeetle bit of the apricot in the jam. Sweet, yet as you stated--zingy. Thanks for posting a real keeper, FT!
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1 -2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam or 1 tablespoon apricot chutney
- 2 -3 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 head lettuce, washed and leaves separated
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges (or cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into thin slices
Directions See How It's Made
- DRESSING: Whip the cream until holding soft peaks, and then gently fold in the remaining ingredients - adjusting them to suit your personal taste.
- Add the diced chicken chunks to the dressing and gently mix through until the chicken pieces are well coated in the dressing.
- Arrange the salad leaves on an attractive plate and pile the chicken in the dressing on top of the leaves.
- Arrange the tomatoes around the edge of the plate and scatter the red onions over the top.
- Serve with crusty bread, potato salad, chutney or use as a sandwich filling.
- If taking on a picnic - pack the salad and chicken in dressing separately; arrange on plates when you get to your destination!