Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
from cdkitchen.com: This is extremely easy. Since there are no added preservatives, if there is any left after the first day, you should wrap and keep in the refrigerator.
- 1⁄4 ounce fast rising yeast
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, more as needed
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Mix egg whites, salt and granulated sugar
- Add this to 3-3.5 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Mix with a "wooden spoon."
- Spray loaf pan with a non-stick cooking spray & fill with dough.
- Let rise 40-60 minutes in the oven at its lowest setting until dough is almost to the top of the pan.
- Set oven up to 350 degrees. Bake for 35 minutes.
WOW! Who knew bread could be this good and so simple to make. I have tried 6 different recipes for bread, all with something just not quite right about them. This one is the bomb! Laughably easy, and is probably the best bread I have ever eaten, anywhere. And no fat, you've got to be kidding. I used half amount of sugar that it called for, and buttered the top after coming out of the oven. Tastes so perfect with texture of small yummy bubbles like a soft sour dough bread, sweet and light. Crust is not too hard, not too soft and easy to slice thin for sandwiches or thick for toast. This is our new daily bread! Thank you dolphyn722 !!
awesome bread, first one was made with original ingredients..was a sweet bread. I wanyed something good for sandwiches so now I'm making it with half the amount of sugar..we'll see how that turns out!