Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Family Circle. Great fast chicken recipe! I used Dijon mustard to give it a kick!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped salted nuts, such as cashews
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine chopped nuts, breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons of the jam and the mustard in small bowl to form a thick paste.
- Lightly flour chicken; shake off excess. Spread 1 teaspoon jam on each chicken breast, covering both sides. Place breasts in baking dish large enough to hold them. Spread seasoned paste on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Place under heated broiler to crisp, 1 to 2 minutes.
This was a nice simple main to put together, love the nuttiness of the coating & the chicken was so moist. I personally would have liked more coating on the whole breast piece, I know that this would most likely make it stick to the pan but I may double the coating next time & coat the whole breast. Thanks for posting!
This chicken was excellent. I did not use apricot jam, instead I used raspberry chipotle sauce and I imagine you could use whatever you like best. My husband even thinks barbeque sauce would be good in place of the jam...not too sure about that, but I'll let you know if I try it. I used cashews and the paste makes a nice crispy crust on top. The cook time was perfect, 30 minutes was totally moist. I think that this would be lovely on pork as well...pork loin medalions would be really lovely. Thanks so much, this is a real keeper!