Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Wheat Belly diet cookbook. Bob's Red Mill makes almond and garbanzo flour.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup garbanzo flour
- 1⁄2 cup milled flax seed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon fast rise yeast
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 13x9 pan with greased parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add yeast to buttermilk in another bowl and let dissolve.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites to the stiff peak stage.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir until a rough ball forms.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Spread on parchment paper in pan. Use a second sheet of greased parchment paper to smooth dough out, then remove the second sheet.
- Poke depressions into dough with your finger.
- Pour olive oil over dough, letting it pool in depressions.
- Add whatever herb, garlic, and/or cheese toppings you would like.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm.