Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from a recipe in Quick Cooking, this was really tasty. It can be made the night before, covered, and refrigerated. If you do that, take it out 30 minutes before baking. You can use cooked crumbled sausage in place of the ham.
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups low-fat ham, cubed
- 2 cups Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup saltine crackers, crushed (about 24 crackers)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I made this for Christmas morning brunch. We used turkey sausage in place of ham and reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese. It turned out wonderfully and I will definetly be making this again because it is VERY easy and very tasty.