Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Had this at a friends house and think it is the best ever. No mess and easy to make.
- 5 slices rustic bread, cut thick
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained (unless you buy tuna in olive oil)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup bread and butter pickles, diced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 slices cheddar cheese
- Arrange bread on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in a preheated 450F oven until just barely browned, about 5 minutes. Set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 400°F
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine tuna (olive oil as well), onion, roasted red pepper, celery, and pickles. Mix well. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and mayonnaise, then mix into tuna.
- Spread some of tuna salad over each slice of bread, dividing evenly, then top with a slice of cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- NOTE: Can be pan fried.