Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chili base, marinara, pizza, spaghetti sauce without tomatoes if for some reason you don't want or can't have them!! More alkaline & higher in vitamins as well!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups carrots
- 1⁄3 cup beet
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon basil (leave out for Chili)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- Steam carrots and beets until tender.
- Brown onion & garlic together.
- Measure all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Check for salt. Use however you'd like - Enjoy!
- Omit basil for chili and use as you would normally.
- It freezes nicely in a canning jar. Remember to allow about an inch at the top and tighten jar lid after sauce freezes.