Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very easy recipe for cube steak that takes little prep and almost no supervision. The gravy is great over noodles, mashed potatoes, or even just ladled over baked potatoes. This is a favorite comfort meal for my hubby.
- 5 (4 ounce) cube steaks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 10 3⁄4 fluid ounces water
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Season cube steaks with seasoned salt and pepper; place in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Layer sliced onions and mushrooms over the steaks.
- Combine soup and water; pour over steak, onions and mushrooms in baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375F for 45 minutes, uncover and bake 15 more minutes.
- Note: Time may be more or less depending on the thickness of the cube steak.
This was wonderful. Since several others complained of tough meat I did the following: sliced onion into bottom of pan. browned cube steak after first coating in flour, salt, pepper then put on top of onions. covered cube steaks with mushrooms from a can.( I often forget to use before fresh mushrooms spoil so used canned:) mixed season salt, pepper and water with soup and poured on top of steak. covered dish with foil and cooked 325 for 1 1/2 hours. I served with mashed potatoes very tender and tasty
This was exactly what I was looking for after being out of the house all day long. I assembled the ingredients and popped it in the oven when DH got home. The dish is creamy and had lots of veggies. I used more mushrooms that called for, and I used red onion. Nice flavors, and it was quick to put together. I served it over rice, and had leftovers. A very nice recipe to print out, and it will be used again. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This was not only easy and delicious, but husband friendly and worked out great for my busy day! I started the meal and DH took over at step #5, after I left for work. I served with mashed potatoes, (gravy from recipe just right); corn and biscuits. DH doesn't care for mushroom/onions so I only topped 1/2 of the dish with these ingredients. He called me at work tonight to compliment on how good the dinner was; my 3 y/o (who has been picky lately) ate his dinner like a champ. I followed the ingredients/directions exactly. Thanks for this recipe suggestion for my cube steaks, sbsbea! I'll be making this many times again.