Recipe by 788000
Monster batch of chicken soup - low salt - high nutrition - high heat. My sister taught me the basics of making soup. This recipe evolved via my love of hot food and the need to avoid salt and fat and my general laziness when it comes to daily cooking
- 12 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 cup salsa (nice and hot)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt (check for taste and add more if necessary)
- 3 cups carrots (chopped, use food processor)
- 3 cups celery (chopped, use your food processor for this too!)
- 3 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups kidney beans (cooked and drained, any kind of beans can be used)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups frozen corn
Directions See How It's Made
- heat water in a 8-10 quart stock pot.
- add bullion, salsa, cumin, thyme, marjoram, salt to taste.
- when boiling ad celery and carrots cook 15 minutes.
- add rice and chicken and cook for 15 minutes.
- remove from heat add beans, peas, corn.
- allow to cool a bit and ladle into 12 oz tubs - freeze.
- Here's the best part -- when you're hungry and have no time, energy, or whatever for cooking -- remove a tub from the freezer - invert contents into a 12oz or larger microwave safe bowl. Cook for approx 11 minutes on 60% power and you have hot yummy soup. Note: microwaves vary so experiment, but keep an eye on your soup until you have the right combination for perfect results. Enjoy.