Recipe by GenYChef
Let's face it, hummus is awesome but tahini, in most parts of America I imagine, is expensive! It's a good thing then that with a little thought there's an easy workaround. This recipe is decidedly *not* halal friendly so if you're looking for something to replace the beer I use just reserve an equal volume of the water from the can of chickpeas. It's not as flavorful and roasty, but it'll work for those with a more traditional palate :)
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, drained
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 9.90 ml peanut butter, creamy
- 3.30 ml toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 garlic clove, crushed
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 14.79-44.37 ml stout beer (either a good oatmeal stout or anything with mouthfeel but not a lot of hops)
Directions See How It's Made
- Open and drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid from the can if you plan to use it in place of the beer called for in the ingredients list.
- Combine all the ingredients into a food processor and process on high for approximately 10 minutes (or until your desired consistency).